Manual_Scavenging_Safai_Karmachari_Andolan_660_jpg

Bengaluru: Two men died of asphyxia on Tuesday while they went inside a septic tank of a restaurant in Bengaluru to clean it, police said.

“The two men had descended into a septic tank of the restaurant at around 4 pm. They died almost immediately as they inhaled the methane gas collected in the tank,” Additional Commissioner of Police (East) Seemanth Kumar Singh said.

Also Read: Kerala To Soon Introduce Robots To Eliminate Manual Scavenging

The two victims were identified as Ramu, 25, and Ravi, 38, from Raichur, about 460 km north of Bengaluru.

“The fire brigade personnel had retrieved the bodies of the two men,” Mr Singh said.

Police have held the restaurant’s owner Avinash Gupta, manager Ayush Gupta and caretaker Venkatesh for negligence, he said.

“The restaurant was built on the basement of the building and had violated the safety norms prescribed by the civic authorities. We are also questioning the civic health inspector in-charge of the region,” Mr Singh added.

Also Read: Robots On Swachh Bharat Mission: Young Innovators From IIT Madras Create 45 Robots That Can Clean An Area In 15 Minutes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Here’s How Aditi Rao Hydari And Ali Fazal M Broke Up Their Toxic Relationship With Plastic

To save the planet and oceans from chocking in plastic waste, Actor Aditi Rao Hydari and Ali Fazal M joined celebrities like Dia Mirza, Alia Bhatt and others to end their relationship with plastic