- Bengaluru metro will resume the services from September 7
- Educational institutions across Karnataka to remain close till September 30
- In Karnataka, coaching institutions are not allowed to hold regular classes
Bengaluru: Two days after the Centre ordered the resumption of metros from September 7 in a graded manner under Unlock-4, the Bengaluru metro on Monday (August 31) announced that it would resume the services on the same day. “Metro rail will be allowed to operate with effect from September 7, 2020, in a graded manner, by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA)/ Ministry of Railways (MOR), in consultation with MHA. In this regard, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued by MOHUA,” the notification by the Centre on August 29 had said.
Also Read: Opening Up Without Control Of COVID-19 Is “Recipe For Disaster”, Says WHO
Following the Centre’s latest guidelines, the state government added that the schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions across Karnataka would continue to remain closed with no regular classes till September 30.
However, students of classes 9 to 12 have been permitted to visit their schools, outside containment zones, to take guidance from their teachers, with written permission from their parents.
Also Read: Unlock 4 Guidelines: Metros Can Resume, No Lockdowns Outside Containment Zones, Experts Urge Extra Vigilance From People
The Centre’s guidelines on August 29 had said that students of classes 9 to 12 may be permitted to visit their schools, in areas outside the containment zones only, on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers and this will be subject to the written consent of their parents or guardians.
While giving these relaxations in areas outside the containment zones only with effect from September 21, the Ministry said a Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) will be issued by the Health Ministry.
Also Read: Flying Amid COVID-19: Airlines Can Now Put Flyers In No Fly List For Refusing To Wear Masks, Serve In-flight Meals
The Ministry of Health also said that schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will continue to remain closed for students and regular class activity up to September 30 and online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
An official release said that the decisions had been taken with extensive consultation with states and union territories.
Also Read: Unique COVID Prevention Kiosk ‘UV Baggage Bath’ Inaugurated At Bengaluru Railway Station
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
NDTV – Dettol Banega Swasth India campaign is an extension of the five-year-old Banega Swachh India initiative helmed by Campaign Ambassador Amitabh Bachchan. It aims to spread awareness about critical health issues facing the country. In wake of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the need for WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) is reaffirmed as handwashing is one of the ways to prevent Coronavirus infection and other diseases. The campaign highlights the importance of nutrition and healthcare for women and children to prevent maternal and child mortality, fight malnutrition, stunting, wasting, anaemia and disease prevention through vaccines. Importance of programmes like Public Distribution System (PDS), Mid-day Meal Scheme, POSHAN Abhiyan and the role of Aganwadis and ASHA workers are also covered. Only a Swachh or clean India where toilets are used and open defecation free (ODF) status achieved as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014, can eradicate diseases like diahorrea and become a Swasth or healthy India. The campaign will continue to cover issues like air pollution, waste management, plastic ban, manual scavenging and sanitation workers and menstrual hygiene.