NDTV-Dettol Banega Swasth Swachh India NDTV-Dettol Banega Swasth Swachh India
  • Home/
  • News/
  • Delhi To Get A New Waste-To-Energy Plant


Delhi To Get A New Waste-To-Energy Plant

North Delhi will soon get another waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa site that will ramp up the rate of processing of solid waste tremendously, the area’s civic body said on Monday.

Banega Swachh India - Garbage Delhi 660

New Delhi: North Delhi will soon get another waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa site that will ramp up the rate of processing of solid waste tremendously, the area’s civic body said on Monday.

In a press conference held at the civic center, North Delhi Mayor Sanjeev Nayyar said the project is under the Swachh Bharat Mission and the plant would be established with technical assistance from Austria.

“The plant would be able to process/incinerate the waste up to 94 percent and the remaining 6 percent would be utilised in making bricks. Trial run for the same is being done and it would be made fully operational in November,” he said.

He said there is also a plan to start a small-scale waste-processing plant.

Standing Committee Chairman of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation Pravesh Wahi, talking about sanitation issues, said the NDMC would procure equipment for cleaning of city areas.

“This would include trucks, tippers, loaders and other allied equipment which would be utilised to lift the garbage which is not cleared by the private concessionaire,” he said.

This is to ensure complete sanitation in the areas under the NDMC to strengthen the Swachh Bharat Mission. For this purpose, an ambitious plan worth Rs 110 crore has been formulated.

Mr Wahi also said that “payment of Rs 44 crore was made to contractors clearing pendency of bills”.

On the issue of building plans, Mr Wahi said citizens need to get the approval of the plan from the NDMC for construction on plots up to 500 sq m in authorised colonies. Earlier, this scheme was for plots measuring up to 105 sq m.

He said construction in such cases can begin by intimating the corporation with the undertaking of the owner/architect that the building plan is as per unified building bye laws.

Mr Wahi said this decision has been taken to cut red tape, bureaucratic process and reduce the scope of corruption.

NDMC has also decided to renew the contract of 46 Auxiliary Nursing Midwives (ANMs) and adjust them in its different health-related institutions, adding that instructions have been issued to the commissioner to renew their contract.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This website follows the DNPA Code of Ethics

© Copyright NDTV Convergence Limited 2024. All rights reserved.