- I am healthy and absolutely fine now: Sania Mirza
- Ms Mirza revealed she didn't experience any severe symptoms of coronavirus
- Ms Mirza urged people to follow COVID precautionary measures
New Delhi: Indian tennis star Sania Mirza on Tuesday (January 19) revealed that she had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month but has recovered since then. The six-time Grand Slam winner put up an emotional post on her official twitter account to make the announcement. “Just a bit of information as to what’s been going on since the year began. I had contracted COVID-19. I am healthy and absolutely fine now by grace of the almighty but I just wanted to share my experience,” Ms Mirza wrote.
A quick update .. ???????? #Allhamdulillah I am fine now .. pic.twitter.com/7s2pJM6ChX
— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) January 19, 2021
Also Read: Number Of People Vaccinated Against COVID-19 More Than Double Number Of Active Cases: Government
The 34-year-old said she didn’t experience any severe symptoms of the dreaded virus but it was difficult staying away from her son.
I was lucky to not have any major symptoms for the most part of it, but I was in isolation and the toughest part was to stay away from my 2 year old and family.
Ms Mirza said she had contracted the virus despite taking all precautions and urged everyone to wear masks and continue washing their hands.
This virus is no joke, I took all the precautions as I could but still contracted it. We must do everything we can to protect our friends and family. Wear your masks, wash your hands and protect yourself and your loved ones. We are in this fight together, she said.
Sharing her experience, Ms Mirza said staying in isolation away from her family was “scary”.
I can’t even imagine what people and their families are going through when people are sick in hospital all alone and by themselves. It was scary as you aren’t very sure what to expect and hear so many different things and stories. You get a new symptom everyday and the uncertainty of it is extremely hard to deal with not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well.
Also Read: “Feel Great After Taking My Jab”: India’s Top Cardiac Surgeon Shares His Experience On Getting The COVID-19 Vaccine
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
NDTV – Dettol Banega Swasth India campaign is an extension of the five-year-old Banega Swachh India initiative helmed by Campaign Ambassador Amitabh Bachchan. It aims to spread awareness about critical health issues facing the country. In wake of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the need for WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) is reaffirmed as handwashing is one of the ways to prevent Coronavirus infection and other diseases. The campaign highlights the importance of nutrition and healthcare for women and children to prevent maternal and child mortality, fight malnutrition, stunting, wasting, anaemia and disease prevention through vaccines. Importance of programmes like Public Distribution System (PDS), Mid-day Meal Scheme, POSHAN Abhiyan and the role of Aganwadis and ASHA workers are also covered. Only a Swachh or clean India where toilets are used and open defecation free (ODF) status achieved as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014, can eradicate diseases like diahorrea and become a Swasth or healthy India. The campaign will continue to cover issues like air pollution, waste management, plastic ban, manual scavenging and sanitation workers and menstrual hygiene.